Medical malpractice is a term used to describe the negligence of a professional health care provider which results in the injury or death of an individual. Professional health care providers include doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, nurses, dentists, technicians, physician’s assistants, and any person who provides medical care. Medical malpractice and hospital negligence occurs when a professional health care provider fails to adhere to accepted standards of practice.
During his 25+ years of practice, Mr. Saletta has analyzed hundreds of medical malpractice and hospital negligence cases and has handled cases involving virtually every medical specialty. Mr. Saletta’s extensive history of successes in these types of cases include, but are not limited to, the following forms of medical malpractice and hospital negligence:
- $12.5 million for family of child who died after hospital gave wrong dosage of medication.
- $4.65 million to man who suffered below knee amputation due to surgeon error.
- $1.5 million dollar settlement to woman who suffered permanent vocal cord injury during thyroid surgery
- $1.15 million dollar settlement to family of an infant who died after an endotracheal tube was dislodged
- $950,000 to a man who suffered permanent nerve injury during carotid artery surgery.
- $3 million dollar settlement for family of a father who suffered a fatal heart attack due to a failure to timely diagnose his underlying heart condition*
- $2.7 million dollar settlement for family of a woman who died due to a failure to timely diagnose her shock condition*
- $1 million dollar settlement to family for father who died of an undiagnosed pulmonary embolism
- $990,000 dollar settlement has been reached on behalf of the family of a 36 year old pregnant woman who suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism after an emergency room physician failed to order a Doppler ultrasound of her leg
- $925,000 settlement in Kane County for failure to timely diagnose bacterial endocarditis
- $900,000 settlement to family of a woman who died of a failure to diagnose lung cancer
- $600,000 settlement to woman blinded in one eye due to failure to diagnose an eye infection
- $400,000 settlement to wife of a 73 year old man who died due to a failure to timely diagnose his abdominal aortic aneurysm
- $350,000 settlement to man who suffered permanent loss of leg muscle from a failure to diagnose a compartment syndrome
- $6 million settlement for woman who suffered heart damage and loss of 20 week old fetus due to surgical sponge being left inside her by surgical team
- $700,000 settlement for woman who suffered internal injuries from a retained surgical clamp
- $340,000 settlement for man who suffered internal abdominal injuries from a retained surgical sponge
- $16 million dollar jury verdict for child who suffered hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy at birth causing cerebral palsy*
- $2.25 million dollar settlement for child who suffered brain damage at birth
- $750,000 settlement to family of a baby who was a stillborn
- $13 million dollar jury verdict for a woman who developed compartment syndrome following a total knee arthroplasty
- $12 million dollar settlement on behalf of a 29 year old who suffered catastrophic brain damage after physicians failed to properly treat his sinusitis condition
- $5.5 million dollar jury verdict for the family of a mother who died from pneumonia following the birth of her child
- $2.25 million dollar settlement on behalf of the family of a 74 year old man who suffered a fatal brain bleed as a result of a physician's failure to properly monitor his Coumadin levels
- $2 million dollar jury verdict for victim who developed a foot drop after a failure to timely treat his compartment syndrome*
- $1 million dollar settlement for woman who suffered an above knee amputation due to a failure to treat her leg ulcers
- $900,000 settlement for a family whose child was stillborn
- $900,000 settlement for victim of a pulmonary embolism
- $8 million on behalf of a man who suffered permanent brain damage during administration of anesthesia.
- $1.3 million dollar jury verdict for a woman who developed chronic diarrhea following a nerve block
- $800,000 settlement to family of a woman who died during colonoscopy
- $165,000 jury verdict to a woman who suffered 3 minutes of anesthesia awareness during her C-section delivery
- $550,000 jury verdict to a woman who suffered permanent disfigurement following breast reduction surgery
- $625,000 jury verdict to diabetic who suffered partial foot amputation
- $700,000 settlement for a woman who suffered heart damage from the diet drug, "Fen-Phen"
- Confidential settlement against physician for over-prescribing Oxycontin
- $200,000 settlement to victim of dental malpractice